• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Single phone Provisioned Twice - neither working

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyAir

Silver Partner
Joined
Jun 17, 2019
Messages
28
Reaction score
8
I have a client using 3CX (AWS hosted) with all softphones, who decided to get one Yealink T46S for the owner to use.
We provisioned easily but had to use manual provisioning - only one phone - it is using STUN/Direct.

The next day the phone stopped working, "No Service" but it has a LAN IP address we can log in to web console of the phone (using 3CX phone pswd)

The phone appears twice in the list of registered devices - see screenshot.
This is the same phone, same extension, same MAC and same IP - listed twice - and the phone is not working.
T46S-registered-twice.png

I had my client factory reset, reboot, twice, and I manually reprovisioned again, both phones came back immediately.
I had him bring it to our office, I factory reset, provisioned it to our office system, which is AWS hosted.
We have a SBC here, but the phone was never autodetected; I had to provision manually again.

After a factory reset, the phone would pull a configuration and ask for userID and passcode - I believe this is coming from the Yealink global provisioning system.
Every factory reset resulted in this "Two boot" provisioning,
and at this point if I entered the client's user Extension and PIN code it would register - twice - on his 3CX instance - and display "No Service".

After waiting for 24 hours running with active registreation to our 3CX system
I again factory reset and then manually provisioned it to the client's 3CX - and it only appeared once in the registered devices.

So, we returned it to the client, it worked for several days,
but is now, again, appearing twice in the registered devices and displays "No Service".

Both 3CX systems are running 3CX 16.0.8.9 and the T46S is running the current 3CX based Firmware 66.86.0.5.
I have not checked his router for SIP ALG yet - but this should not affect a single phone endpoint.

Thanks for any insight, especially with the Yealink provisioning service that seems to get stuck on something.
 
Hi,

If you have more than a couple of phones at that site, you should consider installing an SBC instead or using STUN, which largely removes the requirements mentioned above


I have not checked his router for SIP ALG yet - but this should not affect a single phone endpoint.
Note: It can affect any endpoint, even a single one
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us