SMS (text message) and DND (do not disturb)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmterp

Gold Partner
Joined
Jun 13, 2017
Messages
423
Reaction score
254
I understand messaging is still beta and there's always the possibility I've fouled something up.
Under Forwarding, for Do Not Disturb, I have Push Notifications enabled. However, if I receive an SMS message, I'm not notified in the Android app. I do get the notification from the Chrome extension if I'm at my computer.
Is there a way to still get the SMS notification while on DND? If not, is there a way to get the notification once my status changes back to Available?

Example use case 1: My extension changes automatically to DND when my shift ends. Clients will send me a SMS that I don't mind seeing while off my shift.
Example use case 2: My extension changes automatically to DND when my shift ends. When my next shift starts and I'm automatically switched back to Available, I want to be notified of SMS received while I had been in DND.
 
I understand messaging is still beta and there's always the possibility I've fouled something up.
Under Forwarding, for Do Not Disturb, I have Push Notifications enabled. However, if I receive an SMS message, I'm not notified in the Android app. I do get the notification from the Chrome extension if I'm at my computer.
Is there a way to still get the SMS notification while on DND? If not, is there a way to get the notification once my status changes back to Available?

Example use case 1: My extension changes automatically to DND when my shift ends. Clients will send me a SMS that I don't mind seeing while off my shift.
Example use case 2: My extension changes automatically to DND when my shift ends. When my next shift starts and I'm automatically switched back to Available, I want to be notified of SMS received while I had been in DND.
It's by design. In DND, only internal chats are notified. SMS, Facebook and Live Chat doesn't push. Also, if you are using queues for those, the agent status is also taken into account.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,964
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock