Update 6 Final is out - with new WebRTC softphone!

Discussion in '3CX News / Tech Articles / Product Releases' started by Bianca, Aug 30, 2018.

1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

15.5 is the version.
    There have been 6 Service Packs to it. So 15.5 alone doesn’t tell us much about your specific version.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

You have to be sure that your NFR license is still valid it requires 3CX partner status. Logon to your partner portal to find out your status.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. saint_

@Nick Galea my license are still valid.
    @craigreilly You are right I should have given the full version: 15.5.15502.6 <- Is this 6 the service pack ?

4. tvdir

yep, that's correct, you are on SP6.

5. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

The combination of these questions and the mention of PCI scares me...

So that checkbox enables PCI compliance for 3CX by disabling the non-compliant ciphers and transports. So yes it will apply to the desk phones, softphones, web browsers, smart light bulbs, FitBits or anything else that can make a HTTPS connection to 3CX (including your PCI scanner).

The fact that you thought a checkbox in 3CX to make 3CX PCI compliant (at least from the SSL standpoint) is a pretty big leap. Maybe if that checkbox looked like this:

upload_2018-10-18_1-46-30.jpeg

3CX is not Yealink and Yealink is not 3CX. So while 3CX could be nice guys and disable ciphers via the config file (if possible) I'm pretty sure they don't want to assume any responsibility beyond their own product as far as PCI compliance.

I've never had a Yealink phone (or any other phone for that matter) fail a PCI scan. But I've also never put one in my CDE because that's just asking for trouble. Put the phones in their own segment with a stateful firewall (not just ACL) in between and your PCI scan issues are solved.

Paul@ISO likes this.