• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Update 6 Final is out - with new WebRTC softphone!

Do we need to do anything else to enable WebClient softphone functionality? I turned it on in options and logged into my web client. I currently dont have a desk phone as i gave it away due to a bad handset. Is it required for this or do we need to bounce the 3cx services?

thanks

Same issue here. I found out that the template 5x ONLY contains the Yealink T56A and T58 which has opus in the template. When you select the 54S or 52S it will use the T4X template without opus in it.

No clue yet why this is done so far. Also the wrong picture i assume from the T46.

Attachments

• 54s.png
    54s.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Justin Estruch
Why recording is available and working in new Webclient, if recording is disabled for the extension?

Stefan

Mostly interested about the SSL improvements, noticed this new section under Settings > Security after upgrading: SSL Transport and Ciphers, Enable PCI compliance SSL Transport and Ciphers (This will leave only TLSv1.2 enabled and may prevent old legacy phones and old 3CX Clients to connect remotely to your system). Does this apply to the desk phones or only the softphones? We're currently running Yealink T46G desk phones everywhere and they're constantly failing our PCI scans for using weak cipher suites. I'd assume this update would place the necessary bits in the T4X template, but our scans are still showing those ciphers in use.

Same issue here. I found out that the template 5x ONLY contains the Yealink T56A and T58 which has opus in the template. When you select the 54S or 52S it will use the T4X template without opus in it.

No clue yet why this is done so far. Also the wrong picture i assume from the T46.

That makes sense. I wonder if there are any plans of bringing this feature to the 54s or the t4x models in the near future.

That makes sense. I wonder if there are any plans of bringing this feature to the 54s or the t4x models in the near future.

It's getting more and more crazy. I had an Opus-call with external caller. With 3CX and Yealink T46S. But the T46S cannot be configured with Opus in 3CX and 3CX is configured with lowest priority for Opus codec for external calls. Audio quality was very poor. Not the same as a call with Opus in internal calls.

The only thing was changed besides 3CX: T46S-Account setting with enabled Opus-Codes via Yealinks Webinterface some months ago.

Update: Round about a third of our external calls with Yealink T46S are using Opus at the moment, but exactly zero internal calls. 3CX-Codec priority is Opus at top für internal and at bottom for external. Strange. Exactly opposite.

Stefan

Last edited:
Has anyone else seen issue's with the IVR after this update? We have multiple customers on this latest update who are finding when you call the IVR, the callers number input isn't detected and if the caller does get through to anyone, the person that answers can't hear the caller. Restarting the PBX fixes it but we've had to do this every day for the last 3 days - I have raised a request with 3CX support but interested if it's bigger. Also seen issue's with BLF's and Extensions disappearing in the 3CX Windows app since this update, again resolved by restarting the PBX.

Hi there,
this our upgrade to version v15.5, Update 6, Build 15.5.15502.6 last week everything works fine except for "checking for new updates" ... it just fails with the message "Unable to reach 3CX Updates server. Check your internet connection and try again.". Our Internet connection is definitely not the problem and we even tried restoring the old version and updating again ... same issue.
Are there any new update-servers which are contacted now which we then might need to whitelist in our firewall config?
Best regards,
Julian

Hi
thanks for this latest update, it's great and working well.

My only issue is that we use Yealink T42G handsets. Each time there is an update, I have to edit the provisioning file (yealinkT4x.ph.xml) in order to stop all our call queue ringtones defaulting to an awful musical tone (It's ringtone 6 on the yealink)
Usually I do this by changing the setting "distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.6.ringer = 6" and changing the 6 to 4, so that it uses ringtone 4 which is a fairly normal and boring ringtone
This ensures that when the phones re-provision, we don't end up with hundreds of complaints about the horrid ringtone from hundreds of phones.

However with the new template after the update, the settings for ringtones seem to have changed considerably and I cant see where to make a similar edit.

From what I can see, the only other option I have is to edit hundreds of extensions and use the "configure Queue Ringtone" option under the "Phone Provisioning" tab.

Is this so? I don't really want to have to edit hundreds of extensions.

Is there a quick way I can set the default ring tone for all queues at once?

thanks

James

Hi
thanks for this latest update, it's great and working well.

My only issue is that we use Yealink T42G handsets. Each time there is an update, I have to edit the provisioning file (yealinkT4x.ph.xml) in order to stop all our call queue ringtones defaulting to an awful musical tone (It's ringtone 6 on the yealink)
Usually I do this by changing the setting "distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.6.ringer = 6" and changing the 6 to 4, so that it uses ringtone 4 which is a fairly normal and boring ringtone
This ensures that when the phones re-provision, we don't end up with hundreds of complaints about the horrid ringtone from hundreds of phones.

However with the new template after the update, the settings for ringtones seem to have changed considerably and I cant see where to make a similar edit.

From what I can see, the only other option I have is to edit hundreds of extensions and use the "configure Queue Ringtone" option under the "Phone Provisioning" tab.

Is this so? I don't really want to have to edit hundreds of extensions.

Is there a quick way I can set the default ring tone for all queues at once?

thanks

James

Yes james there is, copy the default template and create a custom template. Then make the modifications to your custom template and assign it to your phones and re-provision all phones using the custom template.

note: Support will tell you they dont support custom template, which is BU*%#$^. if you ever come across an issue with a phone that has a custom template, re-provision it with the standard template and re-test, then open a ticket with support with the phone using the standard template.

Also, you could add a feature request to add the ringtone to the 3CX web panel when provisioning, which is where that option should be.

I have 12 different sites with running of the same 3CX instance in our datacenter. Each site has different custom templates due to the fact that each site has it's own NTP, it's own flavor of BLF, it's own dialplan, etc... so there is a need for custom template or else we would forgo 3CX as it's not scalable to multi-site centralized deployement.

Reactions: GBC_James
also, I find this AWEFULL idea of changing the password in SP6 and having us to regenerate the password which is not the only thing, as this will also change the voicemail password as well as the authentication ID for the phone.

This is a major FAULT to 3CX. This should have been setup to allow the admin to change this, not force this down our throughts...

yet another FAIL on 3CX part ! They need to start thinking at what the customer impact may be when deploying the SP's and properly inform people of the negative impact the new "feature" brings and ways around it.

If I dont want to change the passwords and want to stick to 4 digit password, this is MY descision and should not be dictated by 3CX.

Then don't hit REGENERATE!

Hi Craig,

i understand I dont need to click generate, but that anoying red square on the all 912 extensions we have in the 3CX system cause adminsitrators to worry about what this is?

Manually change the username and password of all 912 extension involves changing the username/password, then re-provision the phone whcich reboots the phone itself and do this x912 times.

my point is, there should be an option in the settings for the System Administrator to opt-in or opt-out to change the authentication settings to what ever the companie's security requirements dictate, no? for one company, 8 alphacharacters could be fine, but for another, could be 10 minimum. right?

Reactions: FredyWenger
I've seen many people complaining about this and even though I understand that its annoying, it serves a purpose.

You need to understand that 3CX needs to protect their customers, those being newcomers or experienced I.T professionals. Security is the most important aspect of every system. If you don't agree with this then you are most probably not a security-oriented person and sooner or later you will learn the hard way its importance! 3CX also needs to protect their product. If your system gets hacked you might blame 3CX and your manager might ask you to move to another even though you were the reason it got hacked!

3CX gives you the option to keep your unsafe password but they NEED to inform you that it is insecure. An insecure password is the number one reason your PBX will get hacked. If that happens you might get into some nasty situation and pay a big bill.

Yes it might be frustrating having to update and provision tens of phones but its something that its gonna be done once, and frankly you shouldn't be using insecure passwords in the first place!

It's impossible for software developers to keep everyone happy. By the way, did you complain to Chrome(Google) for marking non-https sites as non secure thus "forcing" them to install SSL? Did you complain to Microsoft for dropping insecure RDS connections recently? :) I guess not.

You should be happy that the software you are using keeps evolving and watches your back. Imagine if you were using an outdated software that never cares about the security of your system and consequently your customers?

Let's be logical for once..!

I agree florink with all of what you stated. What would have been nice is to be able to select any other amount of digits for the security. Why is 10 safe? why not 12? why not 20? No one can state how many digits are required to be safe.

So in fact I could turn around and say that 3CX says 10 digits is safe so if I get hacked it's their fault, of course not....

but it would have been nice to have the option to choose, which we dont, hence my messages above.

It would not have been that hard to add that in the parameters with a warning...no?

im just being devil's advocate here.... ;-)

im just being devil's advocate here.... ;-)

Its ok, that's the point of having an open discussion like this :)

To answer your question (at least from my point of view), they have set a minimum of 10 characters which which can be fairly secure if all criteria is met (lowercase, uppercase etc). It is based on statistics. The longer a password the more time it will take to get cracked, the harder it is for an attacker. Keep in mind that for every extra character you add the difficulty in cracking grows exponentially.

You can set a 12, 20, 50 character password if you want, that's even better! But imagine the reaction they would get from the customers if they set a minimum character length of 24, 30 etc :) Even though it wouldn't really make much difference to an admin, since most of the times they use random password generators, the fact they would see such requirement would make them mad.

Just for a reference, for a 6 char password, including lower/uppercase letters + digits + special chars, there are 735,091,890,625 possible combinations. For a 10 char one there are 59,873,693,923,837,895,000.

By the way nobody claimed that its absolutely safe. Its just certainly safer. I guess they are trying to balance things out by not applying stricter formulas.

IF I am not mistaken, for PCI compliance you required to set a password of at least 7 chars.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
ya, minimum PCI is 7, or was it changed to 8? not sure anymore.

on a side note, is there a way to somehow regenerate but only affect the autihentication ID and password and not the voicemail pin?

Im trying to find a simpler way to regenerate the passwords without affecting the user's voicemail, cause this is going to raise a $HIT Storm amoungst our 912 users accross the globe.

For some reason we can not get the latest update, we're stuck on 15.5.13103.5.

Release New 15.5 SP6 RELEASE Out Of Date 15.5.13103.5 15.5.15502.6 New 15.5 SP6 RELEASE Update Available

We have auto update setup and it has been working. Everything else is updated and I have tried manually clicking the update and download. It takes me back to the login per usual but the update never gets installed.

[EDIT]
I was able to get it sorted. I checked the update logs and the previous update had finished but updater2.exe was hung and there was an access error at the end of the log file for the result file. I killed the updater2.exe process and renamed the log files and updater.result file and reran the update and it worked fine.

Last edited:
Why recording is available and working in new Webclient, if recording is disabled for the extension?

Stefan

We have a Professional Perpetual license. Yet, I have noticed that users can start/stop recording from within the webclient popup, when the webclient is used to control the calls of either a physical phone, the 3cx client, or the new webrtc softphone. I have 'Record all calls' checked, and of course do NOT have the ability to engage the ability to start/stop with subsequent button below it. Doing several tests, I can stop and start the recording at will. For our call center, this allows our agents to manually stop the recording of their queue calls, which cannot be allowed.

Is there something I am missing? I was hoping that an admin engaged "record all" form the admin console would truly force the recordings of all calls without exception.

I appreciate your help.

Pretty sure you need Enterprise licensing to get any control over the start/stop recording button. We're in the opposite boat: we want to prevent employees from starting recordings in order to stay in compliance with state law. Found out that toggle needed the higher tier of licensing as of a version or two ago.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.