Yealink T4 Series | Configuration Guide

KaterinaK_3CX

Joined
Feb 24, 2016
Messages
246
Reaction score
36
Supported models:
  • Yealink T40G / T40P
  • Yealink T41S / T41U
  • Yealink T42S / T42U
  • Yealink T43U
  • Yealink T46S / T46U
  • Yealink T48S / T48U
Read the guide.
 
There are many models in the T4 series however the guideline is clear of which models can be router phones.
 
Hi, I'm having trouble configuring a Yealink T41s, I have read the guide and followed every step including factory reseting the phone and upgrading the firmare to the current version.
I have also tried to manually connect to the phone and enter the provisioning file (into setting/autoprovision/"Server URL").
It seems like the phone is not picking up the file.
I have successfully connected and activated the router phone.

The IP Phone show the extension when you pick up the handset but there is no dialtone and it says "Warning No Service" and the Warning message is "Account Unregistered"

Any advice on how I can get it working?
 
@dweinberg Have you tried to provision the phone behind an SBC?
 
Hi, thanks for your reply. No, I haven't. I don't have an SBC. We are using it in the cloud. It could be something to do with our setup as this is the first regualr phone I am trying to configure. The router phone was very easy and is working prefectly, but this regular IP phone has been a bit of a nightmare.
 
For the SMB installations you will need an SBC or router phone.
 
For the SMB installations you will need an SBC or router phone.
I have a router phone connected it's a Yealink T53W. When I add the IP Phone (configure new phone for the user), I am connecting it to the Router Phone (it comes up with that as default).
 
And after that it will not register?
 
That's right. the Router Phone is up and running but when I go and install the next phone (regular IP phone - Yealing T41s) it will not register
 
What is the firmware version of the phone?
 
Another question please, the phone does provision and get the extension information but cannot register?
 
Another question please, the phone does provision and get the extension information but cannot register?
Yes, I can see the extension on the phone. At first there is a dialtone but then it says "config updated" and a red light blinks. The message is "default password in use" and there is no longer a dial tone. Then the next error message is "account unregistered"
 
You need a router phone or SBC first.
(This was in answer to a deleted post)
 
Last edited:
With the latest release today (more here), including the support of the Yealink T-44W phone, do we know if this now includes router phone support on any of these newly supported models?
 
With the latest release today (more here), including the support of the Yealink T-44W phone, do we know if this now includes router phone support on any of these newly supported models?
Yes, T44W and T44U are router phones
 
  • Like
Reactions: CentrexJ
When I upgraded to V20, a 42S phone is no longer working. The firmware is the latest. Another 42S in the office remains working properly. I tried to delete the phone and then newly provision it, but now there is an error message stating the MAC address already in use. The 3CX is cloud. Is there something simple to fix this? Thanks.
 
error message stating the MAC address already in use
This means you already added the MAC on this server to one of your users.

Since the machine is in the cloud, you need to have an SBC at the premises to connect your phones through:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-tunnel-session-border-controller/

Once this is in place, you can simply factory reset the phone and then assign it from Phones > PnP (it will also tell you which user you already assigned it to so you can clear it out first)
 
Hello, when I updated to V20, this phone in particular had an error message and was deleted. This is probably why the MAC was 'in use'. I factory reset the phone and appeared able to provision it. The SBC/stun option was greyed out, but the ...3cx.us option was selected. I was advised simply to restart the phone and the provision would occur automatically, but after several such attempts, the 42S phone's display said update was cancelled, and the provision did not occur. The other 2 42S phones and a Yealink DECT phone remain working through the upgrade. I wonder why this phone is still not working and can't be provisioned in V20?
 
The SBC/stun option was greyed out,
I've linked you above about the SBC, you need to install one on your premises where the phones are.
 
If I use Amazon Lightsail with a static IP address, am I able to install the SBC Linux version in that same instance? I have expertise in many things, but Linux is not one of them. Thanks.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,954
Members
165,165
Latest member
cvanderzwan