Configuring Jabra Headsets
Users of 3CX Phone System can use Jabra headsets in order to answer/end calls, adjust volume levels and mute/unmute calls. (Volume and mute control features depend on the capabilities of the headset you are using)
Follow the steps outlined below in order to configure the headset with 3CX:
Download and Install Jabra Direct Setup
- Download the Jabra Direct Setup from here.
- Install setup and press launch.
- Connect your Jabra device to get started. This will check if you require a firmware update.
- Your device is now ready to be configured as an audio device in 3CXPhone for Windows.
Configure 3CXPhone for Windows to use Jabra
- Launch 3CXPhone for Windows
- If you are running in CTI Mode, change it to SIP Mode.
- Click on “Settings” > “Audio options” and select the new Jabra Device for Microphone and speaker devices. Note: Microphone and speaker have to be set to your Jabra device. Ringing can be set to any desired device.
Download and Install Jabra Suite for Mac
Jabra on Mac can be used as a normal Audio device. The answer button will not answer the call.
- Go to the Jabra website http://www.jabra.com/Software-and-services/jabra-suite-for-mac
- Once downloaded open the “Jabra Suite for Mac.dmg”, and install.
- Once the installation has completed the configuration screen will open.
- Plug in your Jabra Device via the Mac's USB Port.
Configure 3CXPhone for Mac to use Jabra
- Start 3CXPhone for Mac.
- Click on the “Settings” icon.
- Click the “Audio” tab and select the Jabra headset for Microphone and Speaker devices. Note: Microphone and speaker have to be set to your Jabra device. Ringing can be set to any desired device.