For this scenario we will need the line numbers for each ISDN line. In this example we will use the following line numbers:
- ISDN Line1: Number 22444XXX (xxx for DIDs)
- ISDN Line2: Number 22446XXX (xxx for DIDs)
Step 1: Modification of Source for outbound calls (direction SIP-ISDN )
The Berofix card will choose to route a call on a particular ISDN line based on the caller ID for the call. To enter the caller IDs that should go out onto a particular line in the dial plan, log on to the Berofix web interface, switch to the dial plan section and add or modify your outbound rule as shown in the screenshot.
Note: Priority will be respected Top to bottom so the position of the rules is very important.
Step2: Failover for outgoing calls
- Pick one of the SIP Trunks, and bind it to the ISDN Group.
- Place this rule at the end of the dial-plan by moving it down using the arrows.
- Set the Outbound Caller ID of the ISDN Line in case of a fallback if the extension has no Caller ID set.
Step3: Set the Outgoing Caller ID in 3CX Phone System
Now we need to configure 3CX Phone System to add the Caller IDs that we configured in Step 1 to the Caller IDs for the extensions and/or the lines that we wish to have dial out over this particular ISDN line. This number must match with the rules created in the Berofix dial plan in step 1.
- In the 3CX Management Console, go to VoIP/PSTN devices > Beronet PSTN gateway and expand.
- Click on the Port you want to configure the outbound caller ID on and the Edit port interface will appear.
- Navigate to “Other options” and set the Outbound Caller ID as shown in the figure.
Calls from this extension and or line will now be sent out via the appropriate ISDN line, in this example via line 2.