The default timeout of the 3CX Management Console’s web interface is 10 minutes. You will be automatically logged out if there is no activity for this amount of time. Use this procedure to to alter the timeout. The following applies to both IIS and Abyss Web Server installs.
- Browse to C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface
- Make a backup of web.config
- Open web.config in your favourite text editor (Notepad is good enough for the job)
- Search for “<sessionState mode=”InProc” cookieless=”false” timeout=”10″/>” (without quotes)
- Change the timeout as needed. The value is in minutes.
- Save and close web.config
- For the change to take effect, the IIS or Abyss Web Server services need to be restarted:
- To restart Abyss Web Server: From the 3CX Management Console navigate to “Services Status“, select “Abyss Web Server” and press “Restart“.
- To restart IIS, open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager. Expand the tree view menu next to your server’s name and select “Application Tools“. Select “3CXApplicationPool” and Stop / Start it. Then expand “Sites” and select “3CX Phone System Web Server” and press “Restart“.
The new web interface timeout will come in effect.