One of the features included 3CX Voice Application Designer is the ability to create a deployment package. This is a very useful tool for developers of voice applications, which simplifies deployment into production without having to establish a network connection between the developer’s machine and the server.
Here are the steps to deploy an application using this new tool.
Step 1 – Prepare the Project to Deploy
- Select “File” > “Open” > “Project”, and navigate to the folder containing the project. In this case go to the users’ “Documents\3CX Voice Application Designer Samples” and select the project “SimpleAttender“.
- Build the project using the menu “Build” > “Build All”. In case there are compilation errors, correct them before proceeding.
- Create the deployment package using the menu “Build” > “Create Deployment Package”. Select the configuration you want to display (Debug or Release), choose where you want to save the package and press “OK” to create it.
Step 2 – Copy the Deployment Package to the Destination Server
Once we have created the deployment package, we need to copy all the generated files to the 3CX Phone System server where we want to register our application.
The following screenshot shows the structure of the deployment package.
There we observe the following:
- The folder “SimpleAttender_13” contains the files specific to the application, i.e. the files that define each callflow and component found in the project to deploy.
- The file “DeployVADProject.exe” is the application that registers the project callflows in 3CX Phone System.
- The file “DeployVADProject.exe.config” is a configuration file for the application above with information related to the execution environment .NET framework.
- The file “DeployVADProject.ini” contains information about the project to deploy, including the project name, and for each callflow, the extension where it has to be registered, the name and the URL of the first VoiceXML page to download. In case you want to change the extension, it can be modified from this file.
You need to copy the folder and the three files mentioned above to the server where 3CX Phone System is installed.
Step 3 – Registering the Application in 3CX Phone System
Once you have copied the full deployment package to the server where 3CX Phone System is installed, double click on “DeployVADProject.exe”. This will open a dialog window:
Press “Deploy to local 3CX” to deploy the project locally. The text box “Messages” will show the activity details. Any problem during the registration procedure will be noted. If the deployment succeeds, you will be notified as follows: