System requirements for the clients:
- Windows Fax and Scan should be installed.
- Print Services should also be enabled.
- The Fax printer on the Server machine should be shared to network users.
- Network Users should be granted permission to be able to print on this Fax Printer.
To install the client:
- Click on Start, Programs and click on ‘Windows Fax and Scan’.
- Select ‘Fax Accounts’ from the Tools menu.
- Click ‘Add’ to add a new account.
- In the fax setup wizard, click on ‘Connect to a fax server on my network’.
- Enter the location and printer name where the fax server has been installed.
Screenshot 1 – Fax Shared Printer location and Name
- Click on Next to complete Fax Account registration. You are now able to send faxes from Windows Fax and Scan through the 3CX Fax Server Driver.