Note 1: This guide has been tested with version 3.0.4. Be aware that different version may have different interface formats and functionality
Note 2: Not all providers allow calls over 3G. If your calls are working as an external extension over WIFI, but not on 3G, the ports may be blocked
Installing Acrobits SoftPhone on your iPhone
- Go to the Apple AppStore.
- Download the Acrobits SoftPhone application onto your iPhone.
- This will install a new icon labelled “Softphone”.
Launching Acrobits Softphone for the First Time and Configuration
- When you launch Acrobits Softphone the first time, it will immediately ask you to create an account
- Select “Generic SIP Account” from the list
- Set the “Title” field to a name you want to show as the Sip account.
- Set the “Username” to the Extension Number you want to this phone to register as.
- Set the “Password” field to the extension’s Authentication Password.
- If this extension will be used as a local extension in the same LAN as the PBX, then you should set the “Domain” field to the Private (LAN) IP Address of your 3CX system. If this extension will be used as a Remote Extension, then you should set the “Domain” field to the Public (WAN) IP Address of your 3CX system.
- Select the “Advanced Settings” menu option.
- Set the “Auth User Name” field to the extensions Authentication ID.
- Set the “Display Name” field to a name you want to show when calling.
- If this extension will be used as a Remote Extension, then you should scroll down to the “STUN Server” section and set the “STUN Server” field to “stun.3cx.com”. If this extension will be used as a Local Extension in the same LAN as the PBx, then you should skip this step.
- Go back to the previous menu by selecting the “< New Sip Account” button at the top of the page.
- Now press the “Save” button at the top of the page.
- The handset icon at the top of the page will turn green, and the phone will register with 3CX PhoneSystem. This can be verified via the “Extension Status” page of the 3CX Management Console.