An ISDN line can either be point-to-point or point-to-multipoint. If you have a point-to-point connection, you can only attach one device to your ISDN line. If you have point-to-multipoint connection you can attach more than one device.
You have to configure the ISDN lines connected to the Patton to be either point-to-point or point-to-multipoint depending on how your ISDN lines are configured by the Telecoms provider.
- Point your browser to your SN-4638 and log in (default username: administrator; default password: leave empty)
- In the left-hand side, in the “Ports” section, click on the “ISDN” link.
- In the Ports table, click on the “bri 0/0” link.
- In the “Layer 2” section, change the “Protocol” field to “pp”. Click the tick mark next to the “Apply” label at the bottom of the page. Note: For Point to Multipoint select pmp option from the drop down menu.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for all BRI interfaces.
- In the left-hand side, click the “Save” link.
- In the “Save Configuration” window, click the “Save” button to make your changes permanent.