The installation checker is no longer available for download.
You can check that 3CX Phone System has been completely uninstalled by using the 3CX Installation Checker Tool. The tool will provide information about any traces of 3CX files that could still be on the system. Traces can remain on the system for numerous reasons – Example: a log file was kept open during un-installation and the 3CX Application data folder remains there.
The installation checker is embedded in the 3CX Phone System installation and can be triggered upon request at the end of a 3CX Uninstall. It is recommended that this check is performed after each installation to ensure that your machine is clean and prepared for the next 3CX Installation upgrade.
Download the 3CX Installation Checker.
This software applied to an older version of 3CX Phone System and is no longer supported in the latest version of 3CX Phone System – Download the latest version
There are 5 checks that are done in the checker:
- Checks for 3CX Product Installation
- Checks for existing registry keys
- Checks for 3CX Phone System Folder
- Checks for 3CX services
- Checks for 3CX Assembly Files
Note: The tool will only provide a way to inform the user what’s left on the system. These have to be removed manually. This is what this guide will show you..
Check 1: Product Installation
Access the registry Start/Run/Regedit and look for the following key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products
Find 3CX Phonesystem and delete the registry key that corresponds to this..
Check 2: Existing registry keys
Removal Process for 32 bit users: 32 bit users: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\3CX\Phonesystem – Delete the 3CX Phonesystem key
Removal Process for 64 bit users: 64 bit users: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\3CX\Phonesystem – Delete the 3CX Phonesystem key.
Check 3: 3CX Phone System Folder
Removal Process: Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\3CX PhoneSystem – Delete the 3CX PhoneSystem folder from Program files directory.
Note: This check is made only for installations that are installed on the default path..
Check 4: 3CX services
Removal Process: Access the registry and delete the following keys:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\3CX Assistant Server
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\3CX PhoneSystem
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\3CX PhoneSystem Database Server
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\3CX PhoneSystem Media Server
NOTE: You will need to reboot the machine after this procedure.
Check 5: 3CX Assembly files and DLL’s
- Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Assemblies\Global
- Right click on the following components and delete them
- Go to Start / run / type in %windir% / click on “assembly” folder and clear the cache by deleting the files mentioned above.
Right click on each component and uninstall.
NOTE: You will need to reboot the machine after this procedure