In this article we explain how you can upgrade the firmware of one or more Aastra phones in your network from the 3CX Management console. In this example we upgrade an Aastra 6757i to the latest firmware.
- Download the latest firmware available for your phone model.
- It is recommended to use 3CX Tested firmwares
- 3CXPhone System Version 9 SP4 and up is required
Download the appropriate firmware from the Aastra website
Find the correct firmware for the phone model that you wish to upgrade on the website. Download this firmware and extract the contents of this zip archive to a location on your computer.
- Open the 3CX Management console, click on Settings->Phone Provisioning ->Firmware -> Add Firmware. Add the firmware from the extracted Zip file you previously downloaded from the Aastra website.
- Now click on the Phones node, and select one or more phones for which you want to upgrade this firmware. In our example, select the Aastra 6757i and click on Upgrade Firmware. You can upgrade firmware of multiple phones at the same time, however ensure that this firmware matches for ALL THE PHONES you select.
- An Upgrade firmware dialog will show – select the file 57i.st firmware file
- A confirmation dialog will be displayed informing you that your phone/s will be updated with the following firmware Image. Press Yes to complete firmware updating. The Aastra phone will reboot and will load the firmware from the 3CX Web server on bootup.