Different destination for calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

zakaria m

Free User
Joined
Mar 23, 2022
Messages
34
Reaction score
9
Hi, hope everyone is doing well
  • CX Version, Standard Annual 18.0 update 4 (Build 965)
  • Server OS, Debian 10
  • Is the 3CX Server Hosted and where? On-premises
  • Provisioning Method: Local
  • Has the Firewall Checker passed: NO, some ports are blocked by the ISP, so it can't fully pass but ports 5001,5060, 5061, 5090 all open and working
  • Are custom Phone Templates being used: NO
I want to set different destination for calls outside office hours for each day

So we got 3 trunks and I want every day to route the calls to different outside number or extension

For example, on Sunday to N° A on Monday to N° B on Tuesday to N° C then on Wednesday to N° A again and keep rotating like this
 
The only way I can think of, is to use CFD which needs a Pro / Ent license - so you would have to upgrade
 
  • Like
Reactions: zakaria m
Use a dummy extension with exceptions, then route the afterhours to that extension.
 
  • Like
Reactions: zakaria m
The only way I can think of, is to use CFD which needs a Pro / Ent license - so you would have to upgrade

We're planning to upgrade soon to a pro license, can you elaborate on the use of CFD to achieve this?

Use a dummy extension with exceptions, then route the afterhours to that extension.

But I want it for external Calls and in exceptions it requires a caller ID?
 
We're planning to upgrade soon to a pro license, can you elaborate on the use of CFD to achieve this?



But I want it for external Calls and in exceptions it requires a caller ID?
The CFD would be overkill for this IMO.

And you can use "*" in the Caller ID field, it will match all calls.
 
  • Like
Reactions: zakaria m
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Thank you both, I appreciate all your help
for now, I'll try it with the exceptions
Exceptions with "specific hours" and only set the ranges you wanna route, and order the exceptions according to the needs.

This is also much easier to manage and edit than a CFD lol
 
So it should be something like this to route calls from 5 pm to 8 am next day

1.PNG
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
  • Like
Reactions: zakaria m
@ConceptsWeb does this extension need to be provisioned and active? Or it's not necessary?
 
You have not mentioned why you need to do this, or whether the routes will change frequently. If this is used for handling customer calls outside of business hours and you need to route their calls to staff who are on-call, the above suggestion by @ConceptsWeb is straightforward.

But, if you are looking for complex recurring schedules, escalation, logging, live-answer AND voicemail support, as well as notifications by phone, email, and SMS, I encourage you to take a look at 3CX On Call Manager.
 
Thank you all for the help
yes, it's just for handling customer calls outside of business hours with some automation instead of changing it every day manually
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock