• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Grandstream WP820

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurei123

SMB User
Advanced Certified
Joined
Feb 28, 2018
Messages
86
Reaction score
6
Hi all.
I would like to connect the above wifi phone to 3cxv16 however I do not see it listed on the Add Phone available models. I tried following https://servicemax.com.au/news/grandstream-wp820-and-3cx-setup/
The challenge I am facing with the link above is:
1. I don't have the template that is mentioned
2. I am using 3cx Linux and not sure how to add the template if I get it.
Please assist with detailed steps and template.
Thank you.
 
Last edited:
Hi @Gurei123

That model is not supported and there are no plans to add support for WiFi based devices.

If you have users that rely on WiFi then we recommend using the 3CX mobile app instead.

Alternatively we would recommend to consider replacing it with a supported DECT phone if you need a portable handset:

DECT Phones​


Lastly, keep in mind that using custom templates means you are also responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting them on your own in case issues arise, since they are not supported by 3CX. If you need to raise a case with 3CX support they will not be able to assist you so it's a good idea to factor this in before recommending unsupported devices to future customers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Keep away from the WP series from Grandstream. Many issues are still plaguing these models.

Also, the template is outdated as Grandstream doesn't care. So, it doesn't work as expected.

Go with DECT.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AWS2P
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,962
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe