How to configure snom DECT for 3CX
This guide applies to v15 SP4 and higher.
On this topic
Supported Models: Snom DECT series and Handsets
Snom DECT series
- Snom M300 - firmware version 355
- Snom M700 - firmware version 355
- Snom M25 - firmware version 355
- Snom M65 - firmware version 355
- Snom M85 - firmware version 355
Important note: In case you are planning to provision in a Multi Cell environment start by reading the Step 6 first.
Step 1: Upgrade to Minimum required firmware
Check that the phone is running the minimum firmware described above. Read how to check what firmware the phones are running and how to upgrade them in this guide: How to manual upgrade snom DECT base.
Step 2: Factory Reset the snom M system
Before provisioning the IP phone, the phone must be brought back to factory defaults in case the device has residual settings of a previous configuration. To reset the device read our How to factory reset snom DECT base.
Step 3: Provisioning a snom M base station
Currently, the specific device can only be provisioned as local lan. The SBC and STUN functionalities will be added at a later stage.
- Take note of the phone’s MAC address.
- Navigate to the 3CX Management Console ⇒ “FXS/DECT”.
- Press “+ Add FXS/DECT”.
- Select the Brand of the phone (snom).
- From the dropdown list select select the model.
- Enter the device’s MAC address and press “OK”.
- Select the appropriate “Language” (web interface only), “Time zone” and “Tone Set” which controls the DST settings of the handsets!
- Copy the “Provisioning Link” shown above for future use.
- Navigate to the “Extensions” tab of the desired “FXS/Dect” device to assign the extensions. Press “OK”.
Step 4: Enter Provisioning URL via the snom web interface
- Point your web browser to your device’s IP address.
- Navigate to “Management”.
- Enter your “Provisioning Link” URL into the “Configuration Server Address”.
- Press “Save and Reboot” to provision your snom DECT base station.
Step 5: Registering the handset
Read the following guides on how to connect handsets to your base:
Step 6: Multi Cell Setup
In case you are going to configure your snom M700 in a Multi Cell environment read carefully the Multi Cell Setup Guide of snom before provisioning! You can also watch the video: snom Dect system setup.
- Fix Alert Info Ringer for External and Queue calls.
- Cannot Park on Shared parking spaces (SP0), only in parking orbit (*00).
- No BLF.
- Cannot be configured for multicast paging.