How to configure snom DECT for 3CX
This guide applies to v15 SP4 and higher.
On this topic
Supported Models: Snom DECT series and Handsets
Snom DECT series
- Snom M300 - firmware version 355
- Snom M700 - firmware version 355
- Snom M25 - firmware version 355
- Snom M65 - firmware version 355
- Snom M85 - firmware version 355
Important note: In case you are planning to provision in a Multi Cell environment start by reading the Step 5 first.
Step 1: Upgrade to Minimum required firmware
Check that the phone is running the minimum firmware described above. Read how to check what firmware the phones are running and how to upgrade them in this guide: How to manual upgrade snom DECT base.
Step 2: Factory Reset the snom M system
Before provisioning the IP phone, the phone must be brought back to factory defaults in case the device has residual settings of a previous configuration. To reset the device read our How to factory reset snom DECT base.
Step 3: Provisioning a snom M base station
snom M-series can only be provisioned using the manual provisioning method. The general howto is outlined for a local LAN setup here: Snom DECT Series Manual Provisioning
In case the provisioning method used is Remote STUN or SBC some additional information need to be configured in 3CX in addition to the provisioning guide above:
- Set the “Provisioning Method” to “Direct SIP (Stun - remote)”
- Enter the “Local SIP Port” and “RTP Audio Ports” the remote device should be configured to. This allows to build an inbound NAT on the remote firewall in front of the device itself.
Note: Ensure that the firewall has the given ports forwarded to the internal IP of the base station. Also check that SIP ALG was disabled in the firewall in question. In case there is more than one device behind the same NAT base, 3CX will deliver audio according to your extension’s settings.
- Set the “Provisioning Method” to “3CX SBC (remote)”
- Enter the local IP address of 3CX Session Border Controller in the remote network and the SIP Port used by the SBC (default:5060)
Step 4: Registering the handset
Read the following guides on how to connect handsets to your base:
Step 5: Multi Cell Setup
In case you are going to configure your snom M700 in a Multi Cell environment read carefully the Multi Cell Setup Guide of snom before provisioning! You can also watch the video: snom Dect system setup.
- Fix Alert Info Ringer for External and Queue calls.
- Cannot Park on Shared parking spaces (SP0), only in parking orbit (*00).
- No BLF
- No CTI
- Cannot be configured for multicast paging.