- Joined
- Feb 18, 2021
- Messages
- 8
- Reaction score
- 1
Attempting to set up our first phone(s) for hotdesking:
There was originally another dial code that started with *7 - I changed that dial code to another number but it did not seem to change the outcome.
I have searched Parameters and do not see any other *7 codes.
When we attempt to use the dial code (*77*[EXT]*) to log in on the phone we receive a busy signal and the message "Forbidden" is displayed on the screen.
Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
Maybe something simple that I may have overlooked?
(I am aware that the Yealink T23G states that it does not support hotdesking (a known limitation) but it was a selectable option in the Available Models list under Hotdesking. That being said my focus has been mainly on the Snom phones because they do not list that limitation.)
- I have three phones I am testing with: Yealink T23G, Snom D315, and Snom D715.
- All three phones have provisioned successfully and each shows their appropriate HD0000X extension.
- All three phones have been adopted using the Assign Ext button
- Firmware on the phones is up to date.
- We have enabled Hotdesking on two test extensions (one with a permanent desk phone and one without just for testing hotdesking).
- We are running 3CX v16.0.7.1078 with a Pro license.
- All phones are Local LAN (no SBC)
There was originally another dial code that started with *7 - I changed that dial code to another number but it did not seem to change the outcome.
I have searched Parameters and do not see any other *7 codes.
When we attempt to use the dial code (*77*[EXT]*) to log in on the phone we receive a busy signal and the message "Forbidden" is displayed on the screen.
Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
Maybe something simple that I may have overlooked?
(I am aware that the Yealink T23G states that it does not support hotdesking (a known limitation) but it was a selectable option in the Available Models list under Hotdesking. That being said my focus has been mainly on the Snom phones because they do not list that limitation.)


