The 3CXPhone must be able to interact with the 3CX MyPhone services (presence) provided by the 3CX Phone System host. In some cases, Anti-Virus or VPN/Proxy Services software can interfere with the 3CX Phone causing connection issues.
In case the client has an active proxy server configured within the IE settings, follow these steps to enable connectivity to the 3CX MyPhone Server:
1. In the Internet Explorer: Select Tools then Internet Options.
2. On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings in the bottom panel
3. In the Proxy Server section select “Advanced” or select “Bypass proxy server for local addresses” if possible and skip the next step or…
4. Define as “Exceptions” the IP address of your 3CX Phone System and in case you aim to drive an IP Phone via CTI mode also exclude the IP of the hard-phone .
5. Click OK
Cisco VPN AnyConnect
Once the Cisco VPN client is installed on a client’s pc running the 3CXPhone the Registry setting of “Hklm -> System -> CurrentControlSet -> Control -> LSA -> FipsAlgorithmPolicy -> Enabled” is changed from 0 to 1. Once set to 1 the 3CXPhone can not connect anymore to the 3CX MyPhone Server.
The Anti-Virus software must eventually be configured so that it does not interrupt services required by 3CX. That can be done by adding those services to the“Programs Exceptions” list if no connection can be made to the 3CX MyPhone Service. Not all AVs need modification. The examples that follow employ common Anti-Virus software packages where connection issues have been identified. Keep in mind that the procedures described here can be accomplished with other software packages as well, however the steps may vary depending on the software and version you are using. In the event that your version or software package is different, you may consult it’s user guide or contact the vendor directly. 3CX Support can not make the changes for you and the given guide is made based on best practice. If you identified a mistake in the given documentation you may contact us via the support portal at http://support.3cx.com and let us know.
How to add 3CX to the exceptions list
- Launch the main interface for Norton
- Select “Settings” and then select “Firewall” from the detailed settings field
- Locate the “Program Rules” Tab and add the 3CX Phone processes to the list, as shown in the figure below, by pressing “Add” and browsing to the location of the 3CX services.You will find the path for the 3CXPhone for Windows at C:\Program Files(x86)\Phone for Windows\PhoneApp.
- Select “Allow” from the options Dropdown, then click on “Apply” and “Ok”
Instructions on how to add 3CX Phone to the exceptions list and exclude the 3CX Phone System IP from LinkScanner as well as the IP of the SIP phone you drive via CTI.
- Launch the main interface of AVG
- Open “Tools” and then “Advanced Settings”.
- Scroll down and select the “Linkscanner” node
- Next, under the “Linkscanner” node select “Expert Settings”
- In the Expert settings tab, insert the PBX IP address in the “Exclude host/IP/domain” section and click “Apply” and “Ok”.
AVG Internet security Business Edition (German Interface)
In the version of AVG Internet Security Business Edition the described above settings are located in a different path. “Ausnahmen” (Exceptions) is located directly in the Main Menu of the settings and the IP of the 3CX Phone System must be excluded from the “Online Shield” component.
How to grant access to the 3CX Phone service:
- Launch the main interface of F-Secure.
- Next, click on “Computer Security” and select “Firewall”.
- On the right, Under “Advanced network protection “ uncheck “do not allow applications to download harmful files.” and press “OK”
To prevent interference with the 3CX Phone, options “Web-Control and “Web-Anti-Virus” need to be disabled. Note that if one of the options is enabled, the 3CX phone will not function properly. To disable these options follow the steps below.
- Launch the main interface of Kaspersky.
- Select “settings” in the top right corner.
- Under “Protection Center” Select “Web Anti-Virus” and under “Web Anti-Virus Settings” uncheck the option “ Enable Web Anti-Virus” then click “apply” and “Ok”.
There are two methods to disable the “Web Control” option. The first method is to disable it from the Protection and Control tab of the main application window, and the second method is to disable it from the applications settings window.
Disabling the “Web Control” from the Protection and Control tab of the main applications window:
- Open the main application window.
- Select the Protection and Control tab
- Click the Endpoint Control section.
- Right-click to bring up the context menu of the line with the information about the Web Control component.
- To disable Web Control, select “Stop” in the menu. The component status icon which is displayed on the left in the Web Control line, changes to the icon .
Disabling “Web Control” from the applications settings window:
- Open the application settings window.
- In the left part of the window, in the “Endpoint control” section, select “Web Control”. In the right part of the window, the settings of the Web Control component are displayed.
- To disable, clear the “enable Web Control” check box.
- To save changes, click the “Save” button.
Kaspersky Business Edition (Kaspersky Security Center)
- Open the Kaspersky Security center
- Managed Computers
- Edit default “Kaspersky Endpoint Security XXX” rule
- In General Security Settings -> Exceptions and trusted Zones -> Settings
- Add “trusted Application”
- Path default is: C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\3CXWin8Phone.exe
- Free this APP from all restrictions and disable to inspect traffic to all Remote-IP and Ports
ESET Endpoint Protection
To add an exclusion for 3CX when you have any version of ESET installed on your PC, follow these steps:
- Open ESET management console for the version of ESET you have installed.
- Click “Setup”, then click “Enter advanced setup”
- From the menu on the left using the “+” expand “Web and Email”, then expand “Protocol Filtering”.
- Choose the folder “Excluded applications” then in the right window locate the 3CXPhone app and tick the check box to exclude it, Click “OK” to save.