When you’re in the Philippines and your phone system is failing to support your international business—and external technical support is hard to find—what can you do to offset potential losses? Well, if you’re ophthalmic lens producer Optodev, a subsidiary of Essilor International, you turn to 3CX and its partner Keysys Inc.
Optodev was able to leverage 3CX’s open standard PBX, 3CX Phone System, that is affordable and easy-to-use to solve the very real problem it faced when it realized that its Ericsson phone system was no longer able to meet its communications needs. The old PBX was difficult to manage internally; moreover, the company was leasing phone lines at a cost of $45,000 per year—money it wanted back to channel more strategically.
After investigating purchases from both Cisco and Avaya, Optodev went with 3CX due to its 60 percent lower cost, better functionality and key features, such as conferencing, call queuing and a paging system included in the asking price. Optodev also enjoyed a smooth transition to its new 3CX Phone System thanks to its auto provisioning and plug-and-play capability with IP phones and gateways.
“We are extremely pleased with 3CX Phone System, which since its installation has performed very well,” said Alexander Galanido, Optodev IT supervisor, in a customer case study. “The phone system is extremely user-friendly and we are now able to manage our whole phone system internally without any difficulties, enabling our staff to easily keep in touch.”
Optodev is currently experiencing these other benefits as well:
- Clients for smartphone and Mac or Windows laptops: Allows users to use their office extensions from anywhere.
- Reduced telephone costs by up to 70 percent: By leveraging SIP trunks, WebRTC, free calling to remote extensions and offices, and reducing the number of rented fixed telephony lines, businesses save on communications expenses.
- Support of Cisco 7940/7960 IP phones: 3CX supports the use of these Cisco phones, making the move very cost-effective and the deployment faster.
- 3CXPhone App for Android and iPhone: Make and receive calls from anywhere in the world via Wi-Fi or 3G while still enjoying the features of 3CX Phone System, such as presence.
- Seamless integration with existing operating system: Since 3CX runs on Windows, easy integration with Optodev’s existing operating system enabled internal management as per any other Windows application.