- Joined
- Jul 22, 2018
- Messages
- 5
- Reaction score
- 0
Two years ago, I used the info at https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/cisco-spa/ to successfully provision a SPA504G phone using a custom template. Subsequently this phone has worked consistently with 3CX version 16.
However, after upgrading to V18, registration failed for each of the phone's four lines and in each case the phone indicated server error code 480 (temporarily unavailable?). Sadly, this has compelled me to revert back to V16, as this phone needs to be operable during office hours.
Before the upgrade to V18 I performed a backup with the "Custom Templates, Logos, Firmwares and Faxes" option checked. I then restored this backup after upgrading to V18. And when
I checked the provisioning directory its contents after the upgrade appeared to be the same as they were prior to the upgrade. Likewise, the content of Management Centre screens appeared to be the same as they were prior to the version upgrade except that the Cisco phone lines (for which registration failed) no longer appeared in the 'Phones' list.
I suspect it's time for me to replace the SPA504G phone with a 3CX supported phone, but I am posting this to see if anyone can offer any obvious cause for this issue or a way of easily diagnosing this issue, bearing in mind that to perform any diagnostics it will be necessary to upgrade to V18 again and then revert back to V16 again if the problem persists.
In particular, does anyone know whether V18 has introduced any required template content changes, particularly in regard to custom templates, or are templates supposed to have the same format for V16 and V18?
However, after upgrading to V18, registration failed for each of the phone's four lines and in each case the phone indicated server error code 480 (temporarily unavailable?). Sadly, this has compelled me to revert back to V16, as this phone needs to be operable during office hours.
Before the upgrade to V18 I performed a backup with the "Custom Templates, Logos, Firmwares and Faxes" option checked. I then restored this backup after upgrading to V18. And when
I checked the provisioning directory its contents after the upgrade appeared to be the same as they were prior to the upgrade. Likewise, the content of Management Centre screens appeared to be the same as they were prior to the version upgrade except that the Cisco phone lines (for which registration failed) no longer appeared in the 'Phones' list.
I suspect it's time for me to replace the SPA504G phone with a 3CX supported phone, but I am posting this to see if anyone can offer any obvious cause for this issue or a way of easily diagnosing this issue, bearing in mind that to perform any diagnostics it will be necessary to upgrade to V18 again and then revert back to V16 again if the problem persists.
In particular, does anyone know whether V18 has introduced any required template content changes, particularly in regard to custom templates, or are templates supposed to have the same format for V16 and V18?