• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Implemented Corporate Logo Customizations - DONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

alhambra-eidos

Reaction score
It could be a good attractive thing for final costumers has the possibility to add Corporate logos in areas such a 3CXPhone Windows, Android and iOS, and also in Click2Call links over WebRTC.

Just think in a Distributor Salesman in a 3CX Demo with to a costumer of a Company called… for example, Porsche, and saying… “You can publish your Call Center in Internet, free toll for costumers!!!... just clicking in this WebRTC link… that has a GIANT LOGO of 3CX”… No way man… not good…

It doesn´t mean remove 3CX Logos… of course, but availability to add costumer logos in his own PBX and public services, in a preferred location, could be appreciated…. I think…

I let it on your consideration.
Regards,

Upvote 19
Awesome news! Thanks for the update Nick!

Thanks for the heads up :)

This is our direction concerning 3CX Branding:

a. The Mac and Windows clients are now redesigned with minimal branding.
b. You can change the background and add a foto or logo. This will be provisionable in time.
c. We are planning to do same for Android and iOS clients within next few months
d. The IP Phones will receive new images with smaller 3CX logo in SP4. In time we might build a way to add your own logo.
e. We will remove all branding from outbound email messages in SP4

In general we will have 3CX logos appear as before but much smaller than in the past. We are building a brand book with is cataloging all cases of the 3CX logo but its not easy to do all this at once. Its a big product and there are simply places we forget that its there.

We are not interested in selling a rebranded version of our product. I understand that some customers & partners want that but they have come to the wrong place. Sorry.

I hope this clarifies our strategy.

Did "e. We will remove all branding from outbound email messages in SP4" happen in SP4? I still see the "Learn how to get more out of 3CX at www.3cx.com" in all e-mail messages, but I am testing with the FreePBX Edition. Maybe it has been removed from paid versions?

Last edited:
I am a customer with Profes
Did "e. We will remove all branding from outbound email messages in SP4" happen in SP4? I still see the "Learn how to get more out of 3CX at www.3cx.com" in all e-mail messages, but I am testing with the FreePBX Edition. Maybe it has been removed from paid versions?

I am a 3CX customer with an activated Pro 15.0.62928.5 license and am still seeing the "Learn how to get more out of 3CX at www.3cx.com" at the bottom of my outgoing email notifications. Is there now a setting that I can turn these off with?

Reactions: dab
I'm happy to see the direction in this subject. It went from NO WAY to lets compromise. Thats important in every relationship! BTW I have seen many cases of Managed Service Providers, IaaS, software, and even SaaS providers allow co-branding because there is an understanding of a partnership. For example, Microsoft Windows operating systems "software" are often branded by their hardware partners "HP, DELL". Even companies like Rackspace put their logos on their managed cloud servers even though they are just HP hardware.

One popular way I've seen companies compromise this relationship is by saying things like "Powered by XXX" or something like "Intel Inside!".

The idea that 3CX should be the main focus and that those whom are reselling, implementing, and maintaining it shouldn't have some kind of co branding is a little stiff. But I get it though, usually behind co-branding is some kind of cost and I personally wouldn't want to pay more just to stamp my companies logo... its a fine line to balance.

Reactions: FlaTech
...unfortunately see that the pricing is still public and fixed

That's ridiculous. 3CX should completely be able to publish prices on their site. This is really overstepping the mark as a 'partner'. It is the price of 3CX that really sets it aside from other systems - especially that every user/extension is FOC and it is the number of simultaneous calls that you pay for. The idea that you have to go and find a partner and start haggling a price to be able to think about purchasing it? Crazy.

I can guarantee that if this had been the case we never would have looked at 3CX in the first place. Sites that don't display or give an indication of price are the biggest turn off for me. Keep up the good work 3CX!

OK, we are a 3cx customer (from Maldives), not a reseller and we DO WANT TO CHANGE 3CX LOGO to OUR COMPANY LOGO in desk phones and soft phones (even on mobile).

Quite honestly, I like 3CX (although the reseller is still unable setup fax). You see if there is the option to have our company logo (like discussed) and when my friends ask me what that software is I would say 3cx, and trust me peraonal recommendation is better.

I was quite amazed to see the rude and inconsiderate answer from you Nick! Such poor and sick marketing approach (from you) would make unhesitantly tell you to bugger off, even before looking at what you have to offer. Wonder how old you might be!?

You see you are not the end of the world and fortunately not the only solution. I cant help comparing you, to our Dictator President Yaameen.

Now

OK, we are a 3cx customer (from Maldives), not a reseller and we DO WANT TO CHANGE 3CX LOGO to OUR COMPANY LOGO in desk phones and soft phones (even on mobile).

I was quite amazed to see the rude and inconsiderate answer from you Nick! Such poor and sick marketing approach (from you) would make unhesitantly tell you to bugger off, even before looking at what you have to offer. Wonder how old you might be!?

You see you are not the end of the world and fortunately not the only solution. I cant help comparing you, to our Dictator President Yaameen.

Now

Calling Nick "rude" is interesting after reading your post since I personally consider your post the rudest post I have seen in this forum so far.

Nick made clear that this is a business decision and 3CX is a company he owns and they don't plan to sell any white label solution. Not sure why this should be rude? You will need to accept that sometimes you can't get rid of branding easily (or are you placing your company logo with a sticker above the Snom/Yealin/Fanvil logos of your desk phone?).

Also I must agree I'm not completely happy with the 3CX logo on some phones (like Snom D765 or Yealink T48S and some more where it sometimes interferes with the UI or simply makes the UI look unprofessional) so more considerate placement would be nice or (where not possible) leave the original background. But to be fair - that improved a lot. Still not perfect though. Keep improving!

Some examples:

Snom D765 original
upload_2017-8-31_14-20-12.png

Snom D765 3CX
upload_2017-8-31_14-20-43.png

Yealink T48S original
upload_2017-8-31_14-22-26.png

Yealink T48S 3CX
upload_2017-8-31_14-22-47.png

Error Reporting & Customer Feedback are two different things. I am sure most of you (if not all) understand the purpose of Customer (or Re-seller) feedback. 48 such posts are here in this thread, the FEW WHO ACTUALLY CARES to contribute to improve 3CX, so it could be a better and a more preferred choice among the other such solutions (and so Nick could make more profit as a result too).

However, like Michael Steffens said, "3CX is a company he owns", and so he (Nick) can do whatever he wants with 3CX, indeed (and none denies it), and therefore, this forum's motive is quite amusing; perhaps to declare and dictate (over and over again) the ownership of it?

I have not praised or rebuked any member in here in my previous feedback/request; and what I said was clearly meant and addressed to the management of 3CX. Wonder how and why Michael Steffens could give it a poke!!

Nick I'm a potential reseller of your system. I like how simple and easy it is to deploy to my customers. But this greed on the logos.........seriously. Your argument of when you buy a dell you can't change the logo is pure BS, I can snap a few pics of a dell in which we changed the logos to look like whatever we wanted.

I get it you want to get your name out there. My customers, they do as well and in virtually every phone system order I have in my box to deploy they're asking for custom logos. I know how to do it with your system the hard way, but why should that have to be the case to please my customer.

Your impression of the re-seller isn't your customer is half accurate. Both the re-seller and my customer technically are yours, but they don't buy direct from you. They buy from me. And they want the product their way.

That being said I also know customers don't mind if we label the screens with powered by 3cx. After reading this thread I have a really sour taste in my mouth about this product. The product works amazingly well, but it sounds like the CEO has no clue how to manage a customer. How did you even get this far in business with that attitude?

That's just my basic feedback I don't intend for it to sound like a rant. In fact I stlll love the product even if it has customer side branding issues.

What I'm looking for is a piece of software that i can brand for my customers. I don't mind using a powered by 3cx logo in anything customer facing, and on the back end admin side a Powered by 3CX would be a nice touch. The customer side panel should be able to have their logos.

I also let my customers know all about the partners I use, in fact its part of how our sales team pitches a sale. So if your interest is to allow the above uses, then I'm all for it. Otherwise I may have to look elsewhere but what I can say is I do not like the majority of PBX systems out there. They're incredibly hard to deploy and rarely work correctly like 3cx. Other than visual issues, it's a very solid product.

Reactions: FlaTech
as a gold partner and avid supporter of the 3CX system, I have no issue in the 3CX brand being on the web portals and clients, however the 3CX images do downgrade the look of the IP deskphones somewhat. it would be great to be able to load a custom background to suit the customers corporate image within the existing provisioning process rather that having to create a custom template

@altel, @SECOIT GmbH - thank you for your nice words and support.

Logo provisioning for supported phones is most probably coming to the enterprise edition in update 6....

@SECOIT GmbH - Re the logo on the t48S - i agree thats akward we will look into it.

Nick, thanks for the update. Would like to request logo provisioning for the Professional Edition as well!

I feel like the debate has been so far about 3CX logo vs. the reseller's logo (whitelabel).

We've always changed the logo on the phones to the CUSTOMER's logo. Everyone likes their own logo...that includes the customer.

Customers love it and we've always touted it as an icing on the cake.

I feel like the debate has been so far about 3CX logo vs. the reseller's logo (whitelabel).

We've always changed the logo on the phones to the CUSTOMER's logo. Everyone likes their own logo...that includes the customer.

Customers love it and we've always touted it as an icing on the cake.

We do the same. We just onboarded a client and they loved that the phones showed their company logo.

@altel, @SECOIT GmbH - thank you for your nice words and support.

Logo provisioning for supported phones is most probably coming to the enterprise edition in update 6....

@SECOIT GmbH - Re the logo on the t48S - i agree thats akward we will look into it.

I think it should be on ALL PAID FOR editions of 3CX. If you want to have it (3cx logo) on the freebie edition, by all means, it is free after all, but for those of us paying for it, and paying yearly maintenance, i think it should be on it. Yes we can do it the hard way, but lets make life easier for us, end users and those that resell.

Last edited:
Yes, agreed 10000000000%

We are a reseller and we are not interested in offering 3CX as a "white label" solution. We are fine that is on the web client, desktop client, emails, etc. We happily endorse 3CX as our "VoIP solution", but we want to offer our clients the "cool feature" of having their own company logo on every phone in their office!

I like the direction 3CX is taking with enabling Enterprise to customize their IP phone background, but can we take it one step further to Pro?

I realize the company is trying to grow their brand, but forcing the 3CX logo on every physical phone really isn't the way to do it. I am being really derivative here, but last I checked, Microsoft let you change your desktop background. And yes, maybe Lenovo/Dell customized this for their own builds, but guess what? IT admins are more than allowed to change this at the request of their own organization. They're given the tools to do so.

Please, please allow us the ability to change IP Phone backgrounds without having to delete/overwrite the stupid .png every time it is updated. It just creates work for our techs.

Re: Corporate Logo Customizations.

The 3CX products will be branded as 3CX and this will not change, sorry.

Wow harsh response there... Then perhaps my company will stop using 3CX altogether:-\. That's the stupidest response I've ever heard to someone asking for a pretty standard feature that many platforms targeted towards business customers use. Just as we change the logo to our company logo on the yealink phones this should be an option for softclients as well such as the webclient and the softphone.

From a end user perspective it's completely unprofessional for us to set up webmeetings with customers and have them be presented with a 3CX branded page rather than a page displaying the company logo of the company you are expecting to do a webmeeting with. The need to be able to use custom logos on customer facing sites will not change... Sorry.

Also end user (not reseller here) but not having our logo in welcome emails or any way to identify our department appears to be spam to many of our end users who don't know what "3CX" is. Not having the ability to customize webmeetings, email templates or anything that publicly faces our customers is pretty obnoxious.

Also end user (not reseller here) but not having our logo in welcome emails or any way to identify our department appears to be spam to many of our end users who don't know what "3CX" is. Not having the ability to customize webmeetings, email templates or anything that publicly faces our customers is pretty obnoxious.

Yup...

Nick, thanks for the update. Would like to request logo provisioning for the Professional Edition as well!
+1111

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.