We have managed to make Update 1 (SP1) available just in time for your holidays! Update 1 has a good number of features for administrators and users of 3CX alike.
Extensive IP Phone Configuration options
We have greatly expanded the configuration options available for supported phones. Now you can configure the following options right from within the management console, eliminating the need for custom templates:
- Choose favorite default Ringtone
- Set behavior of the Power LED (MWI) – Blink on voice mail, missed call etc.
- 3CX logo on Yealink, Fanvil, Htek is now much less prominent
- Set Default time zone per phone
- Set Default Transfer method (Blind or Attended)
- Date & Time – AM PM – 24 hours or 12 hour clock time
- Switch Backlight on or off
- Configure Screensaver timeout (Fixes flashing logo problem on some phones)
- Configure VLAN options
- Configure BLF (DSS) keys to be mapped to a LINE or a BLF. Previously BLF one and two were reserved for Line keys exclusively
Copy Extension feature did not make it into Update 1 but is being worked on.
Easier Configuration and Troubleshooting
We continue to make it easier to install, configure and troubleshoot 3CX:
- All SIP Trunk / VoIP providers templates have been improved to make configuration of new VoIP providers easier.
- Network traffic can be captured and downloaded directly from within the management console making the generation of wireshark captures very easy. They are automatically included in the support info package or can be downloaded on request (Wireshark must be installed separately on Windows installs).
- Firewall checker can now detect firewalls that are using SIP ALG. SIP ALG in firewalls continues to be one of the top support issues and must be disabled.
- Run backups and restores from the command line using Backup and restore cmdlets
More features for the Web Client
And of course the web client has been improved too:
- You can now view & pickup calls from the people screen
- Configure your Call Forwarding rules and exceptions
- Get Chrome Pop-up notifications for incoming calls
- Configure your most dialed extensions as Favorites
- Designed for hotels, but useful for many installs:
- Configure reminders / wake up calls
- Clear extensions for guests / new users
- Change status of other users
And last but not least we have also added:
- Group Voice Mail
- 2 new call reports:
- Maid Dial Codes for Hotels
As always we have taken the opportunity to fix issues reported in the release build. For a full change log, go here
To test run this installation:
Users that want to test run this BETA and already have V15.5 installed, can go to the updates section and update to 15.5 SP1 Beta.