We’ve just launched the beta of 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System, a new Android SIP client that has been designed specifically for use with 3CX Phone System 11 and up! 3CXPhone integrates seamlessly with 3CX and allows you to make and receive office calls on your Android smartphone from anywhere using 3G and WiFi. Make savings on your telecommunications costs by making internal office calls free of charge.
The new client replaces the older 3CXPhone for Android and has a brand new interface as well as great new features such as multiple lines, the ability to provision an account by clicking on the attachment in the 3CX welcome email, and attended transfers.
3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System features include:
- Make and receive calls from your extension via 3CX Phone System 11
- Use your work number rather than your personal mobile number – calls made to your desk phone will ring on your smartphone
- Use company infrastructure to save on call costs – make free inter-office calls from wherever you are, rather than via the mobile network
- Seamless out of office or in office detection
- Integrated 3CX Tunnel bypasses remote firewall or provider issues
- Transfer and hold calls
- Easily change your status to In or Out of the Office
- Provision extension details via email
Additional features coming soon:
- Ability to see presence of colleagues
- View call history
- Company phone book
- Easily setup conference calls
- Manage voice mail
While the older 3CXPhone for Android client will still be available for users to make and receive calls via VoIP Providers, we will not be updating it any longer.
The new 3CXPhone requires Android 2.3 and up and 3CX Phone System 11 and up. 3CXPhone is free to use for all 3CX Phone System 11 users and is available to download from Google Play. Please show your support for 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System by rating it and giving it positive reviews. The iOS client for 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System will be released shortly.