With the release of 3CX Phone System v14 not only have we added cool new features to the PBX, such as the option to deploy 3CX as a Virtual PBX, we have also revamped our iOS client completely and added some new functionalities to our Android client too. Some new features include the advanced use of PUSH technology to wake up the phone and an integrated SIP tunnel which enables 3CXPhone to work more like a regular GSM call.
New Features at a glance:
- Completely new SIP engine
- INTEGRATED TUNNEL
- Starts up much faster
- Auto detects location – No need to set out of office or in office
- Wakes up phone and allows immediate pick up of call
- Improved PUSH support – using Apple VoIP Push, 3CX PUSH messages get priority over others.
- Drastically reduced battery usage
- Improved reliability and sound quality
- Inclusion of new call history in the clients
- Ability to send welcome email from client
- Unsupported message if a v14 client talks to a v12 PBX
- Removed DND Button
- Profiles now are named Available, Away Do Not Distub, Lunch, Business Trip
- Easier to provision using 1 FQDN