The feedback we received from the BETA release of Update 2 was very positive, we’re glad that our users are happy with the new features and improvements we’ve made to v15.5. This final release of Update 2 includes all the features of the BETA as well as some bug fixes and further improvements.
In case you missed the BETA here’s what you can expect in Update 2:
- QR code provisioning – with our latest iOS and Android clients you can provision your smartphone via QR code
- Hotdesking – a much requested feature
- Streamlined Audio and Video conferencing setup – create conferences on your personal calendar
- Server based CRM integration – Learn more here
- 3CX Provides SMTP Account
- Debian Linux is now based on Debian 9 Stretch
- Network Quality Indicator for iOS and Android apps
- New Receptionist features
We’ve prepared a series of videos to highlight the new features of v15.5 Update 2, make sure to check them out:
- QR Provisioning – watch the video here
- Hot desking – watch the video here
- Terminal Window feature – watch video here
- Upgrading from Debian 8 Jessie to Debian 9 Stretch – watch video here
- What’s new in 3CX V15.5 Update 2 – watch video here
View the complete change log.
How to update
If you are on v15.5, 15.5 SP1 or v15.5 SP2 BETA you go to the updates section on the dashboard of the management console where you will see a release update 15.5 SP2. Click on the update and 15.5 SP2 will be installed.
If you want to download a new installation you can download the Linux or the Windows version.
Linux: Follow this guide
Note that for softphones to be controlled from the web client you have to install the latest clients: