Every year as they draw nearer to flipping the calendar, people tend to do a little soul searching. Whether it’s eating a little healthier, keeping in closer contact with family, or any other small goal, we recognize resolutions as a way to make the coming 12 months better than the year gone by.
But resolutions don’t have to be limited to personal objectives; they can be useful for businesses as well. And if your organization hasn’t adopted a phone system with unified communications (UC) features, the goal to do so should be near the top of your list of New Year’s resolutions.
For those unfamiliar with the term, UC refers to the integration of voice, video and data into one system, allowing users to stay in touch with customers or colleagues in real-time from anywhere.
Leveraging UC features helps businesses enhance their communications capacity, provide better customer service and cut costs drastically all at once. Some of the most impactful UC features your business should be examining carefully for 2015 include:
- Videoconference: Cuts travel costs by conducting “face to face” meetings from anywhere
- Mobile clients: Allows employees to take their extensions anywhere on an iPhone or Android
- Presence: Displays co-workers’ status and helps reduce unnecessary transfers and wasted time
- One inbox: Delivers all faxes, voicemails and emails to a single location
- Instant messaging: Allows for real-time communications without a third-party system
No matter what other resolutions you have for your business in 2015, UC can help you turn them into reality. And the best part is that you don’t have to work hard all year to keep your resolution; once you install a software-based PBX with UC features, you can sit back and enjoy your well-deserved rewards. For more information about how UC can enhance your company’s communications, download our white paper, “How Unified Communications Can Increase Your Business’s Productivity.”