The abundance of telecommunications technologies available at our fingertips enables even the smallest of businesses to communicate at an enterprise level. That is, with the features afforded by today’s IP-enabled phone systems, business leaders can communicate faster, more frequently and over a myriad of channels.
Imagine, a fledgling startup that needs to stay connected with its new slew of vendors as well as maintain relationships with potential stakeholders. With a legacy PBX (that takes up dedicated office space and transmits phone calls over copper wires) this business owner might have significant trouble staying abreast of rapid updates and managing a large influx of calls and messages. One dedicated office phone line and an archaic receiver and dial pad isn’t enough to help this entrepreneur stay afloat.
Rather, small businesses must heed the latest telecommunications trends and get familiar with the disruptive technologies that are changing business communication methods for good. But in order to streamline the research process, let’s discuss the best communication solutions for small businesses, what to look for in a telecommunications provider and the benefits afforded by taking your business phone system to the next level.
The Right Technology
- Unified communications (UC): This disruptive communications trend is enabling businesses of all sizes to connect internally and externally over an array of methods, near instantly and all within one interface. Offering features such as instant chat, Web conferencing, voicemail-to-email and many more, business leaders and employees can have it all.
- Virtual PBX: This software-based PBX model engenders work from home capability. As such, small businesses can leverage this technology to outsource employees in remote locations while providing them with all of the tools they’d have access to if they were physically in the office.
The Right Provider
- Flexible: An IP-based phone system provider should be able to take care of all of your phone systems needs. For instance, your provider should offer a product that enables you to add more features, scale them back, add phone lines or add bridges to disparate locations in near real time.
- Scalable: Additionally, your phone system provider shouldn’t offer you a cookie cutter solution. Rather you should be in control of the configuration and deployment of your phone system. To that end, your provider must allow you to choose from your preference of VoIP and SIP trunk providers so you can gain the most customized experience from your communications system.
- Heightened collaboration: With UC capabilities you can collaborate with employees or partners no matter where you’re located. As such, you stand to gain more progress through heightened productivity. Disruptive technology delivered by a best-in-class provider will enable seamless business continuity.
- Freedom: Advanced IP-based telecommunications liberate you from the exorbitant costs of proprietary phone carriers—such as on-site repairs, mandatory upgrades etc. As well, Internet telephony liberates you from in-house management, so you can focus on growing your sales and marketing teams, rather than expanding your IT staff all for the sake of managing your phone system.
Don’t let your phone system be an obstacle on your road to success. Leverage the capabilities of today’s communications technology to access your full potential.