We recently released the BETA of v15.5, Update 5 and the feedback we received was very positive. Partners and users alike enjoyed the improvements we made in this update as well as the new features we have added. In case you missed the BETA, below is a synopsis of what is included in this update:
Improved server side CRM integration
Server side CRM integration makes the PBX admin’s life so much easier. How? You no longer have to integrate each extension from the 3CX client but can easily do so from within the management console.
- Added support for:
- Improvements to the integrations with Salesforce, Freshdesk & Connectwise
- Ability to upload and test custom CRM integration configurations from the console.
- Updated the document on how to create CRM integration. Learn how to create your own in just a few hours by watching the video and reading the guide!
New Trunk / DID report
A new type of report has been added, the trunk/DID report which allows you to see the number of calls to a trunk and to DIDs associated with it. A new filter has also been added to most call reports, which allows you to filter out calls which are less than X amount of seconds.
Multiple queue reports
Another feature added to Update 5 is the ability to generate reports on multiple queues and merge all the data into one report. See how.
Call recording features
With Update 5, the administrator has more control over call recording:
- Enforce call recording – control whether the user is able to stop/pause recordings or not.
- Ability to record external calls only (i.e. avoid internal calls being recorded).
- Save recordings in ADPCM format, which saves disk space.
Watch the video to see how these settings can be configured.
Emergency dialing (911)
V15.5 already supported emergency dialing, with this update we have made the following improvements:
- Configure per group – or range of extensions – which emergency number they should use in the outbound rule. This greatly simplifies configuration.
- Emergency calls no longer go against the license limit – they can always be made (providing your SIP trunk has the capacity).
Setting this up is easy. Watch the video.
With so many passwords to remember, it’s common for PBX administrators to forget their password to the management console. We have added a forgotten password feature which allows a password to be sent to the administrator’s email address.
Replace license key
You’ve tried out the free license key and have decided to upgrade to a commercial one. Prior to Update 5, you would have to reinstall the PBX if the key was not upgraded. Now you can simply replace the current key with the purchased key and retain all user settings. Watch the video.
For security purposes 3CX blacklists IP addresses that are repeatedly entering wrong user/password combinations. Before update 5, it was not easy to figure out which device or who was the culprit. We’ve added better notifications which allow the administrator to quickly find the guilty party and block the IP or fix the issue.
- Administrators can now switch off chat for all users system-wide
- Backup to Google Drive – we have updated to the latest Google API (1.32) which improves performance and reliability
- Updated to .NET Core to 2.0.7 – this fixes issues with processors that do not support AVX extensions like Intel NUC, Celeron processors and anything not in this list
- Improved Email Notifications to admins to be clearer and explain what to do.
- Increased number of available internal parking slots to 250
- Default configuration now allows up to 1024 calls
- Fixed an issue in the reporting of the attended transfer duration
- Improved voice mail delivery
- Improved “P-Asserted-Identity” support
- TLS 1.2 support – 3CX is fully PCI compliant with TLS 1.2 support. Note that provisioning of some older legacy devices and clients will fail. It is therefore possible to revert to TLS 1.0
- Backup to FTP now supports EPSV
- Yealink T4X template can now provision more than one EXP40 sidecar
- Improved PUSH functionality (more improvements to follow in update 6)
Watch the video to see What’s new in Update 5.
For a full list of changes see the change log.
Go to the updates section on the dashboard of the management console where you will see a release update 15.5 SP5. Click on the update and SP5 will be installed.
If you want to download a new installation you can download the Linux version or the Windows version.
- Windows: https://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhoneSystem155.exe
- Linux: Download 3CX ISO from here and read this guide.