Important note: Consult the list of of phones and their minimum supported firmware versions. Any phones that do not have the minimum supported firmware version installed will need to be manually updated. Click on the firmware version to download the split firmware files.
- Polycom SPIP320 – FW 3.3.5
- Polycom SPIP330 – FW 3.3.5
- Polycom SPIP321 – FW 4.0.7
- Polycom SPIP331 – FW 4.0.7
- Polycom SPIP335 – FW 4.0.7
- Polycom SPIP450 – FW 4.0.7
- Polycom SPIP550 – FW 4.0.7
- Polycom SPIP560 – FW 4.0.7
- Polycom SPIP650 – FW 4.0.7
- Polycom SPIP670 – FW 4.0.7
This guide has been tested with the above firmware versions and will show you how to manually setup a Polycom SoundPoint 320, 321, 330, 331, 335, 450, 550, 560, 650, 670 phone for use with 3CX Phone System. Please note that different firmware versions may have different web interface formats and functionality. Also, this guide is based on manually provisioning a new Polycom SoundPoint IP phone or one that has been reset back to its factory defaults. If you’re in any doubt, reset your Polycom SoundPoint back to its factory default settings.
The easiest and best method to configure a Polycom SoundPoint is via Provisioning. Check out the provisioning a Polycom SoundPoint guide here, or follow the steps below to manually configure your Polycom phone. The manual configuration guide of a Polycom SoundStation can be found here.
Configuring Your Polycom SoundPoint IP Phone to Register with 3CX Phone System
- Start up your phone and identify its IP address. You can find your phone’s IP address by going to the Status option section within the menu. Once in the Status section, click on the Network option and select the TCP/IP Parameters option. For this example we’ll assume that the phone’s IP address is 10.0.0.108 and that the IP address of the server (or PC) 3CX Phone System is installed on is 10.0.0.11.
- Point your browser to the web interface of the phone: http://10.0.0.108
- You’ll now need to set your Polycom SoundPoint to register with 3CX Phone System. Click “Settings” > “Lines” and configure as follows:
- In the Identification section of the Lines tab:
- Set the Display Name field to the name you want to appear on the phone’s display
- Set the Address field to the extension number you want to associate with your phone
- Set the Auth User ID field to the extension’s Authentication ID
- Set the Auth Password field to the extension’s Authentication Password
- In the Server 1 section of the Lines tab, do the following:
- Set the Address field to the IP address of the 3CX Phone System machine, which in this example is 10.0.0.11
- Set the Port field to 5060, which is the default
- You can check the correct value from within the “Settings” > “Network” page in the 3CX Management Console
- In the Local Settings section of the “Settings” > “SIP” page, set the Digitmap field to blank by removing all the contents
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page. Your Polycom phone will restart itself. After it’s finished rebooting, your phone will register itself with 3CX Phone System. You can verify this via the Extension Status page within the 3CX Management Console.
Congratulations! You’ve manually configured your Polycom SoundPoint IP phone for use with 3CX Phone System!
Supported IP Phones
- Fanvil F52/F52P, C58/C58P, C62/C62P
- Fanvil X3/X3P, X5/X5G
- Htek UC802, UC803, UC804, UC806, UC840, UC842, UC860, UC862
- snom 3 Series - 300, 320, 360, 370 Provisioning Guide
- snom 7 Series - 710, 720, 760 Provisioning Guide
- snom 8 Series - 820, 821, 870 Provisioning Guide
- snom M300, M700 Dect (Registering a Handset M300 Base, M700 Base)
- Yealink T19P, T20P, T21P, T22P, T26P, T28P
- Yealink T23, T32G, T38G, T41P, T42G, T46G, T48G
- Yealink VP530 Provisioning Guide, Yealink DECT W52P Provisioning
- Cisco 7940/ 7941/ 7960 /7961 Provisioning
- Cisco SPA 501G, 502G, 504G, 508G, 509G, 525G Provisioning or Manual
- Gigaset N510 IP PRO Provisioning
- Panasonic KX-TGP500B01 (DECT)
- Polycom SoundPoint 320, 330 Provisioning Guides or Manual Provisioning
- Polycom SoundPoint 321, 331, 335, 450, 550, 560, 650, 670 Provisioning Guides or Manual Provisioning
- Polycom SoundStation 5000, 6000, 7000 Provisioning Guides or Manual Provisioning
- snom MeetingPoint, snom PA1 – Public Announcement System
- Cortelco C58/C58P, C62/C62P