This BETA release of the 3CX client for Android is literally packed with improvements, new features and some interface changes; we can’t wait for you to try it out and let us know what you think.
The highlights of this release are less battery and memory usage, huge improvements on PUSH reliability, the ability to have multiple mobile devices registered for PUSH for the same extension (will require Update 6, V15.5), improved QR scanner, OPUS codec support and partial match ability when dialing numbers.
Quick overview of this BETA:
- Huge improvements in PUSH reliability – made more robust and reliable.
- Ability to have multiple mobile devices registered for PUSH for the same extension (will require an V15.5, Update 6)
- Less battery and memory usage for devices with many contacts
- Added TLS 1.2 support for Android devices using Android 5.0 and below.
- Added partial match ability when dialing numbers. Typing an incomplete number will now be matched and completed with the first available contact match in your phonebook.
- Improved the QR scanner – it no longer requires specific Android OS version & Google Store Updates. It also includes targeting scanner & haptic feedback when a QR code has been scanned.
- Several visual improvements.
- Added an “Exit Confirmation” notification when pressing the “Back” button on any Android device.
- Added support for the OPUS codec.
View the complete change log.
Install the latest Android client from Google Play or update the existing app if you already have it on your device.