As if all the new features included in the release of v14 weren’t enough, we have added even more cool new features in SP1… and this time round it’s all about the users.
SP1: Users Take First Seat
BLF panel on 3CXPhone for Windows
We’ve added a “virtual” BLF side panel to the 3CX Windows Softphone, that looks and behaves like the $100 BLF button panels on IP Phones. Only it’s free and you can expand/remove it when you want! The BLF panel makes it easy to check collegues statuses and offers quicker blind and attended transfer. See these videos how easy a blind or attended transfer is.
Quick search for users / extensions to call
3CXPhone for Windows did not allow you to quickly search for a user from the dial pad. Now typing a letter or a number will automatically filter your contact list and suggest users/extensions. You can then call or transfer a call to a user. This will save many clicks and make transferring much, much easier. See this in action during a blind transfer and an attended transfer.
One click web meetings on demand!
Setting up ad hoc web meetings is now SO much easier. Just click on the web meeting icon in the 3CX main window to instantly setup a 3CX WebMeeting. Then add participants from the Invite button in the 3CX WebMeeting screen.
And as a reminder – all customers upgrading to v14 before 30th December will receive 25 participants for free for the lifetime of their maintenance!
Easier setting of your status!
Presence is one of the hottest unified communications features, but it requires you to set your status! In v14 SP1 that’s now a whole lot easier. The DND button on your phone sets your status to away. Secondly, you can specify that your status will automatically switch back to the previous status after a preset time, for example one hour. Set your status to “Lunch” and have it go back to available automatically an hour later.
Tons of stuff for the admin, too
And a 3CX service pack wouldn’t be a service pack with some features for our loyal 3CX Administrators and partners:
- Separate External / Local FQDN option now available again. More
- Huge performance & reliability improvements for Abyss installations
- Full Windows 10 compatibility for server and client
- Ability to configure a specific voice mail language
- Ability to specify a different language for IVRs & Queues
- Improved support for IP v6
- Recordings can now be searched by caller ID / Date/ Extension
- Download recordings from links in the reports
- Scheduled restore WITHOUT starting services for easier failover
- Time based automatic status switching from Away or Do Not Disturb to Available
- Multi Language Queue, IVR, and Voicemail
- Fixed Fax issues in IPv6
- Fix in TLS which caused the server to not allow more than 30 phones to register in TLS.
- Fixed bug in BLF indicators in attended transfer calls
- And many more…
Take a look at the Change Logs for the complete list of improvements:
- 3CX Phone System
- 3CXPhone for Windows
- 3CXPhone for Mac
- 3CXPhone for Android
- 3CX Session Border Controller
- 3CX Plugins
Download Links and Documentation for v14
Download 3CX Phone System v14 SP1: http://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhoneSystem14.exe
Download 3CXPhone for iOS Client (Coming soon pending Apple review)
Download 3CXPhone for Android Client
Download 3CXPhone for Windows Client
Download 3CXPhone for Mac Client
Download 3CX Session Border Controller for Windows
Download 3CX Session Border Controller for Raspberry Pi
Download 3CX Plugins
Read the v14 Admin Manual