How to configure Gigaset N510 for 3CX
Supported Models: Gigaset N510
Legacy phone support has been implemented to allow easy migration from an existing phone system to 3CX without the need to directly replace all existing IP phones. It is strongly recommended not to purposely buy those devices new or as a replacement. Legacy phone devices have a limited feature set and can only be supported up to a certain point by the 3CX Support Team - you may well need to contact vendor support directly for some matters. In this guide:
Step 1: Update Firmware
This phone has been tested with 3CX Phone System V15 SP1 with the following firmware only:
- Gigaset N510 - min. Firmware 42.231
The firmware can be directly loaded once logged on to the Gigaset N510 web interface. Navigate to “Settings” ⇒ “Firmware Update” and press “Update firmware” and follow the onscreen information.
Step 2: Factory Reset the IP Phone
Before provisioning the IP phone, the phone must be brought back to factory defaults in case the device has residual settings of a previous configuration. To reset the device follow this blog post on how to factory reset Gigaset N510 base stations.
Step 3: Configure the phone in 3CX
In case your 3CX Phone System does not run on SIP port 5060, or the phone is not located within the same local LAN subnet, read our guide on how to manually provision your Gigaset here.
- Connect the base station to the network. It will send a PNP request to 3CX.
- Now go to the 3CX Management Console -> Phones node -> the phone should be listed.
- Single click on the BOLD entry and choose ‘Assign Ext’ or ‘Add Ext’ depending on whether you want to assign the phone to an existing extension or create a new one.
- All major provisioning settings are pre-populated. If your 3CX has multiple network cards, select to which network this IP Phone is connected. Optional settings include the base ‘Time Zone”.
- Click ‘OK’. The base will take the configuration on the fly and may reboot to finalize the setup.
Step 4: Registering the Handsets
Each N510 IP Pro base can support up to 6 handsets and a maximum of 4 simultaneous calls. To register the handsets to the base follow the steps below:
- Handset: open the “Menu” press  and then click OK to register handset.
The handset will stay in registration mode until it locates a base.
- Base: press and hold the “Blue button” to set your base into registration mode.
- Release the button (usually within 5 seconds) once the handset prompts for “Please enter System PIN:” and enter    .
Step 5: Register additional handsets
Additional extensions cannot be provisioned and must be created manually inside of the base station. As reference use the already configured first extension made by the 3CX Phone System via the provisioning setup. In brief steps:
- Login to the base station (default password is 0000).
- Navigate to “Settings” ⇒ “Telephony” ⇒ “Connections.”
- Tick the checkbox of the connection “2” and press “Edit.”
Connection name: Input your extension number.
Authentication Name: Authentication ID (from extension properties).
Authentication Password: Authentication password (from extension properties).
Username, Display Name: Use your extension number.
- Press the “Set” button to save and register another handset to the base.
Known limitations of Gigaset N510 are:
- No STUN Support
- No SBC Support
- No Full CTI Support (Make Call Only)
- No Company Phonebook
- No LCD Language Provisioning
- No Distinctive Ringing for external, queues or ivrs
- Extension’s surname must be set and must only contain letters without special characters
- Info: Provisioning extension is /%MACD.xml
- Aastra 67i Series
- Cisco 79XX Series
- Cisco SPA
- Panasonic KX-TGP500B01
- Polycom 301, 501, 600, 601 & 4000
- Polycom 320 & 330
- Polycom 321, 331, 335, 450, 550, 560, 650 & 670
- Polycom 5000, 6000, 7000
- Polycom VVX 101, 201, 300, 301, 311, 400, 401, 410, 411, 500, 501, 600, 601
- Yealink VP530
- Configuring & Managing IP Phones & Endpoints