We are excited to announce the launch of the Release Candidate of 3CX Phone System Version 12 (build 31763). Version 12 is the most feature rich, stable and scalable Phone System to date, and features completely new multiplatform clients for Windows, Android and iPhone.
We’ve added a lot of features to the v12 release candidate since the last Beta release such as the ability to schedule conference calls and made numerous performance improvements in 3CXPhone for Windows. Furthermore we updated the version of Postgres in 3CX Phone System. Here are all the features at a glance:
New Features and Changes for the 3CXPhone for Windows Client
- Bring up call control options by right clicking on a group member in the Presence screen.
- Added numerous features to the Active Calls section of the Presence screen including call operations such as Park, Conference, Transfer, Divert and more.
- Added Queue Active Calls and Queue Call operations in the Presence screen.
- The client can now load multiple CRM plugins, which are useful for CRM Developers.
- Sort by extension, First/Last name or Last/First name in Presence and Active Calls section.
- Control IVR calls from within the Presence screen.
- The client setup supports roaming profiles.
- Launch External Application on incoming calls. Two variables can be used %CallerNumber% which shows the incoming number and %CallerDisplayName% showing the Incoming caller name.
- Added Remote Presence Group in the full screen presence window.
- Queue calls will be visible in the full screen presence window including agents, their status and other information.
- Ability to quickly create a conference from an active call.
- Personal Phonebook Matching per extension.
- 3CX TAPI Driver – Note: works only with Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013. 3CXTAPI is included in the 3CX CRM setup which can be downloaded from here.
- Reduced queue call delay when an agent answers a call.
- Client doesn’t display “Unable to connect to server” constantly when the connection is lost.
- Caller ID in Active calls from local 3CX to bridged 3CX now showing correctly.
- Fixed exception when minimizing to taskbar or system tray.
- Optimized the client on startup.
- Optimized search in the Presence window.
- Call history page now displays time, depending on Windows current regional settings.
- Improved how the client reconnects to 3CX.
- Removed message showing multiple IP Registrations. If one of the devices works in CTI mode, then that device is preferred.
- Improved the client’s interface as we’ve removed multiple windows between menus.
- Call recording coming soon.
- Group corporate chat coming soon.
- Scheduling of conferences for Windows coming soon.
- SIP Phone mode coming soon.
New Features and Changes for 3CX Phone System 12
- Postgres database updated to the latest version.
- Updated all 3rd party libraries making 3CX more secure.
- Ability to Schedule conference calls (Currently available for Android. Windows and iPhone coming soon).
New Features for the 3CXPhone for Android Client
- Easy scheduling of conferences.
- 3CXPhone for Android now supports German, French, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Greek, Dutch, Danish, Bulgarian, Hungarian, Tagalog.
- Better integration with Android dialer.
Download 3CXPhone for Android!
- Download 3CXPhone for Android from Google Play
Installing 3CX Phone System 12 Release Candidate
If you already have 3CX Phone System 12 Beta and the 3CXPhone 12 Windows client installed, you’ll have to remove them and then install the Release Candidates of v12 and the 3CXPhone for Windows client due to important installation changes.
- Download 3CX Phone System Version 12 Release Candidate from http://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhoneSystem12.exe
- Download the 3CXPhone Client for Windows from http://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhoneforWindows12.msi
- Download the 3CX CRM Setup for Version 12 from http://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPlugins.exe