3CX takes a huge leap forward with the release of 3CX Phone System v12.5 Beta, bringing with it the 3CX WebRTC Gateway. The WebRTC Gateway revolutionizes the way you collaborate & communicate with customers and colleagues, as WebRTC phone calls can take place from any open standard browser and no longer need to go via the telecoms network. This provides great cost savings, but also adds video and screen sharing ability to each call.
3CX WebRTC Boosts your Customer Service with Click-to-Call Capability!
With WebRTC, you can now allow your customers to call you from their browser – saving them from having to dial a number, and you from having to pay for the 800 number costs. Calls go directly to your 3CX Phone System and based on where your customer is on your website, you can route the call to enable them to speak to the right person straight away. The call can be easily elevated to a video call, allowing you to communicate face-to-face or to share your screen with your customers, thereby providing a personalised customer service experience.
In addition to the click-to-call functionality, you can share a WebRTC call link via chat or email and allow anyone to place a call from any open standards browser (Chrome, Firefox) directly to your extension within seconds.
Attended Transfer from your Desk Phone via CTI
Now you can make attended transfers from your Desk Phone via CTI Mode using 3CXPhone for Windows. Save valuable time as this new feature eliminates the need to learn archaic procedures for your desk phone.
New Callback Features: Unsuccessful Blind Transfer and Busy Callee
Following an idea submitted to 3cx.com/ideas, we have now implemented an automatic callback feature in Blind Transfer. If you perform a blind transfer and the recipient of the call is busy, then the call will automatically return back to you. This way you can inform the caller that the person they are trying to contact is busy and proceed to transfer to another destination.
Deployment Improvements & New VoIP Providers
We’ve made 3CX even easier to deploy by simplifying and reducing the number of ports required. For a detailed explanation of the changes read this doc. In addition, we have added numerous new VoIP providers with more being added soon.
Other Features in v12.5 Beta
- Dropped support for 3CX Phone System on x86 systems.
- Video calls from 3CXPhone for Windows.
- Significant chat improvements on 3CXPhone for Windows.
- Elevate a chat in 3CXPhone for Windows to a WebRTC call or WebMeeting.
- Schedule 3CX WebMeetings from 3CXPhone for Mac.
- New echo cancellation module for 3CXPhone Windows and Mac for clearer calls.
- For the complete list of changes view the complete change logs for 3CX Phone System, 3CXPhone for Windows, 3CXPhone for Mac.
Download v12.5 & Documentation
- Download 3CX Phone System Version v12.5.
- Read our detailed step-by-step instructions on how to install or upgrade to the 3CX Phone System v12.5.
- The 3CXPhone for Windows client is included in the 3CX Phone System v12.5 installation package and will be updated automatically, or download the client here.
- 3CXPhone for Mac OS is also included in the 3CX Phone System 12 installation package and will be updated automatically, or download the client from here.
- Download 3CXPhone for Android from Google Play.
- Download 3CXPhone for iPhone from the Apple App Store
- Demo Key: SAOY-3LMW-U3OT-GLJV