3CX is proud to announce a new version of it’s popular VoIP Softphone for Windows – 3CXPhone 5 RC1 for Windows. This release is another major improvement and a possible final candidate with much requested new features and bug-fixes.
You can download the RC1 of 3CXPhone5 build 14439 from
The change-log can be found here
Complete list of changes
- Added: Automatic early media detection
- Added: Easy editing of blf entries by mouse right click
- Added: Insert key allows you to further edit the phone number in 3CXPhone
- Added: Easier editing of phone-book contacts by clicking on name fields
- Added: Recording in MP3 stereo option
- Fixed: Bug in HTTP Provisioning
- Fixed: Bug fix in audio sound device detection
- Fixed: 3CX Phone reconnects when RTP/SIP ports have changed
- Fixed: Bug in expiration timer for BLF to detect lost connection
- Fixed: Fixed deadlock in handling video calls
- Fixed: Bug in recording when pbx sip port is not default
- Copy and paste a number from a website to the 3CXPhone (Ctrl-C)
- Press Insert key
- A dialog will open and you will be able to edit the number (outgoing preferred prefix or country code)
- Press OK to dial this newly edited number
Jabra have agreed to package the 3CXPhone integration in their Jabra installation packages.
However users who want to start using Jabra headsets, can download the files manually from here and follow the included help instructions to install/uninstall manually.